Today Socom 4 released a patch that finally includes a much needed party system.
Here are the patch notes from the Socom 4 blog.
Another month of post-release play is in the books for SOCOM 4, and your help in tracking down issues and exploits for us has been an invaluable resource as we continue to move forward with updates. This latest patch, scheduled for deployment this morning, July 12, during our regular maintenance window, is definitely our most exciting yet! Boasting the long-awaited activation of our SOCOM Party system, we’ve made playing with your friends much more convenient. We’ve also included a number of other additions and alterations which you can read about in our patch notes below.
This isn’t all the SOCOM info we have planned for the summer of course, as you’ll want to check back with us throughout the season as we return with details regarding what to expect in our next patch as well as the official announcement and details of our upcoming downloadable content. In the meantime, enjoy the latest SOCOM revision and have fun storming enemy lines!
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs v1.04
July 12, 2011 | TPPS: 42 MB, DLS: 11 MB
– Added “Party” system to primary multiplayer interface which allows players to invite other users to play with them in a persistent group until disbanded (up to 16 total players)
– Fixed bug that sometimes prevented Bomb Squad and Uplink matches to end properly despite one team winning the required number of rounds
– Players who do not have SOCOM Pro can now “Scavenge” Pro-associated weapons on the battlefield for a limited time use (does not unlock them permanently)
Weapons and Gear
– Added additional weapon “knock” to single and burst-fire modes for all weapons to limit possible rapid-fire exploits
– Games played under “Classic” rules now implement an “open” mic system for players in the Spectator lobby
– Added “open” mic functionality to all transition screens for games played under “Classic” rules
– Added “Games Played” statistics for SOCOM Pro maps
– Fixed issue that caused post-game text to display incorrectly at the end of a round or match
– Added functionality to allow all Gametypes to support independent XP bonuses
– Mics are now muted for the first five seconds of every round to reduce echo/ feedback from mass “round start” messages
– Implemented a number of stability fixes